A private car caught fire at Siaw Junction, a suburb in Akyem Asene near the cemetery, on Monday, November 27, 2023.
The incident took place in the owner’s backyard between three and five o’clock in the afternoon, following her return from the Akyem Oda shop to pick up something from the house.
Speaking with residents and eyewitnesses, Ahenkan News reported that the house was spared from the fire because the polythene next to the car ruptured, allowing the fire to spread to the upper levels of the structure.
Some of them also expressed gratitude to the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) of the Akyem Oda district for their prompt arrival in preventing the house from being destroyed by fire.
Akyem Oda Assistant Divisional Officer in Grade 1 Ekow Bondzie, who led the fire department to the scene, gave an explanation of how they handled the situation and managed to save the other properties.
In light of this, he advised drivers and car owners to bring their electrical issues to qualified electricians for repair.
Source: Ahenkanfmonline.com / 93.3 FM / Ahenkan News